ASCA Level 1
It is about the philosophy of our sport and its coaching. It is, indeed, its title, the foundations of coaching. Included are starter materials on teaching strokes, training athletes, working with parents, etc. It’s Coaching 101. It makes you competent to step on-deck and assist swimmers and other coaches. It’s minimal, it’s the start.
These ASCA courses are open to anyone, not just swimming coaches, who feels they will benefit from them. There are no pre-requisites for attending the courses – just arrive with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and share!
This course is run over 2 days and the cost is R 1,900 per coach.
You need to also complete a Certification Application to activate the ASCA certification process.
- What is a swimming coach?
- Coaching according to needs.
- What does a swimming coach do.
- Principles of communication
- Teaching skills and values
- Motivating your swimmers
- Working with others
- Coaching and the law
- Basic stroke biomechanics
- Physiology of training
- Writing a workout for a beginning group
- Swimmers who have disability
- Additional Reading and Resources
- Appendix A: Active Exercises
- Appendix B: Additional Resources