The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and the COGTA Disaster Management Regulations/Directions require Venue Owners, Clubs and Swim Schools to undertake a detailed Covid-19 Risk Assessment. Undertaking a Covid Risk Assessment for your training or teaching venue can be quite a daunting challenge for Swimming Clubs and Swimming Schools. What are Hazards? What is a Risk Assessment? What are Risk Controls? What parts of the OHSA and Disaster Management Regulations are applicable to Swimming Venues? What are the duties of a Compliance Officer? Risk Assessments will need to be submitted to Swimming South Africa and COGTA before a venue can be permitted to open. Clubs and Swim Schools have requested a Risk Assessment Training Workshop to train relevant stakeholders.
Who should attend?
- Covid Risk Compliance Officers
- Swim Teachers/Instructors
- Club Owners/Chairpersons/Safety Officers
- Swim School Owners
The workshop will be as follows:
Title HOW TO CONDUCT A RISK ASSESSMENT FOR CORONAVIRUS FOR TRAINING AND SWIM TEACHING VENUES
Date Saturday 13th June 2020
Time 09h00 to 12h00
Cost R100 for SSA Registered Members
Cost R300 for Non SSA Registered Members
CPD Points To be confirmed – should be 3
- COVID-19 background and definitions
- Summary of the Regulations made in terms of the Disaster Management Act and applicability to Swimming
- Summary of Regulations and the workplace Occupational Health and Safety Act as it pertains to Covid
- Summary of the Health and safety legislation pertaining to COVID-19
- Employer, employee and third-party obligations
- Differentiating between Hazards and Risks
- What is a risk assessment?
- Rating of Risks
- Types of hazards pertinent to the swimming/teaching/coaching environments
- Role and Duties of the Covid Compliance Officer at Club/Swim School/District and Province
- What are Risk Controls?
- Who conducts a risk assessment?
- Templates for Risk Assessment
- Walk through a risk assessment for different scenarios – Club, Large Swim School and Private Home Pool
- Reporting Requirements
Facilitator Peter Thompson
Presenters Dr Lakesh Maharaj
Hygienists – names to follow
How to Register and make Payment
- Payment Options
- Option 1 – EFT:
Account Name Kwazulu Natal Aquatics
Bank Standard Bank
Branch 045426 – Westville
Amount Non SSA Registered R300
SSA registered R100
Or Use Payfast Secure Credit Card Payments by following the links below:
- Payfast – Secure Payment Gateway Non SSA Registered members R300
- Payfast – Secure Payment Gateway for SSA Registered members R100
- Email proof of Payment to:
- Register now by following the Zoom Registration link below
After registering and submitting proof of payment, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Kwazulu Natal Aquatics