Leads and coaches young swimmers in swimming. Creates a fun and inviting learning environment to ensure a positive member experience. Builds strong relationships with participants and continually challenges them to the next level. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
Greets, acknowledges, engages and interacts with members at all times.
- Initiates, develops and maintains positive relationships with participants
- Reports accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible
Assists with determining game strategy.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Ability to swim the competitive strokes of Front Crawl, Backstroke, Breaststroke and Butterfly
- Provide competitive swimmers the opportunity to master technique
- Identify and recruit strong talent to help develop a successful swim program
- Lead daily practices under the direction of the head coach
- Ability to write and lead workouts
- Attend and support swimmers at meets
- Excellent customer service skills, energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationship with members of all ages
- Comfortable working with all age groups, including children
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Ability to tolerate loud noises
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Ability to acknowledge difficult situations and respond accordingly
- Self starter, reliable, responsible and dedicated
- Ability to make decisions quickly and easily
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to climb ladders. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
One year swim coaching experience
Swim lesson instruction experience
Certified Swimming coach/instructor
To apply for this job please visit sportsveta.com.