Topics that will be discussed:
1. Generic sport continuum and performance pathway
2. Swim coach philosophy
3. Swimming in Southern Hemisphere and structure within SA
4. Planning a season for a summer program (20 week season, practical)
5. Basic training physiology and energy zones
6. Stroke drill progressions (practical) with swimming aids
7. Starts and turns and relay training
8. Workout design and training sets
9. Developing speed for school comps
This clinic generally runs from 9am to 4pm and the cost is R 750 per coach. On receipt of payment the course material will be emailed to you.
Transport, accommodation and lunch will be for your own account. Coaches are not required to bring any swimmers with them but bring your year planner, pencil and eraser.
We look forward to having you on this great clinic!