We are thrilled to invite you to join us as we delve into the fascinating and important topic of how to best support children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in the world of swimming. Monday 19 and Monday 26 February 2024, 19h30 via Zoom. The event will be recorded for those who are not able to attend in person.
In our time together, we will embark on a comprehensive exploration of the expected behaviours of children with ADHD in aquatic environments. From common scenarios that may arise during Learn to Swim programs to the unique challenges presented in competitive swimming, we are here to equip you with the knowledge and strategies needed to ensure a positive and enriching experience for every child.
- Overview of Expected Behaviours:
– Gain insights into the typical behaviours exhibited by children with ADHD in swimming settings.
– Understand the importance of creating an inclusive and supportive environment for their growth.
- Common Scenarios and How to Deal with Them:
– Explore real-life scenarios that may unfold during swimming sessions.
– Learn practical and effective strategies to navigate and address challenges, fostering a positive atmosphere for both the child and instructors.
- How to Help Children with ADHD in Learn to Swim:
– Discover tailored approaches and teaching methods that cater to the unique needs of children with ADHD during their early swimming experiences.
– Uncover strategies to enhance learning, engagement, and overall enjoyment for these young swimmers.
- How to Help Children with ADHD in Competitive Swimming:
– Delve into the world of competitive swimming and understand the specific challenges faced by children with ADHD.
– Learn effective coaching and support techniques to empower these young athletes to excel in their competitive pursuits.
As we embark on this journey together, our goal is to provide you with valuable insights, practical tips, and a deeper understanding of how to create a positive and inclusive swimming environment for children with ADHD. Let’s make waves in fostering a love for swimming that transcends barriers and encourages the potential in every child.