This clinic is aimed at coaches that deal with junior swimmers, school teams and the novice swimmer.
Topics that will be discussed:
- Generic sport continuum and performance pathway
- Swim coach philosophy
- Swimming in Southern Hemisphere and structure within SA
- Planning a season for a summer program (20 week season, practical)
- Basic training physiology and energy zones
- Stroke drill progressions (practical) with swimming aids
- Starts and turns and relay training
- Workout design and training sets
- Developing speed for school comps
This course generally runs from 9am to 4pm and the cost is R750.00. On receipt of payment your course material will be made available under your member area on the website.
Transport, accommodation and lunch will be for your own account. Coaches are not required to bring any swimmers with them. Bring your year planner, pencil and eraser.