Why Join the World Swimming Association (WSA)?
- The world needs an alternative to FINA. To either replace it or show how to reform it (if that is possible).
- Our Swimming world needs an organization focused on being ATHLETE CENTERED.
- We need a world of sport that is TRANSPARENT, NOT CORRUPT.
- We need a world of sport that is OWNED BY THE PARTICIPANTS, COACHES AND ATHLETES. Not owned by “suits” for their own benefit.
- We need an organization that helps DEVELOP SWIMMING, not one that sends elites to fancy hotels via first class airfare and tells them how to vote and calls that “development”.
- “Develop Swimming” means:
- Pools with clean water that are accessible.
- Coaches who can work with assurance that when they help someone get fast, they will actually GO TO THE MEET (not someone who pays the money to the Federation)
- Athletes that can BELIEVE in the process.
- We need an organization that gives CLEAN SWIMMING (not doped swimming) the priority it deserves. (High Throughput Testing)
You should join WSA because you can support 1-7 by joining. And you have a CHOICE to join, unlike FINA (which you never join, but can ban you and hurt you).
Join WSA here: https://www.clubassistant.com/club/or.cfm?c=2319
It is pennies per day of your professional life, and makes you a part of the solution and not part of the problem.
Find out more about the World Swimming Association at: http://www.worldswimming.org/
-John Leonard, WSCA Executive Director
-George Block, WSCA President